Saturday, February 13, 2010

a la finca!

  

I've been in San Gil for two weeks now. When I first got here I thought I would only be passing through on my way to the coast, but it looks like I'll be here probably another week. I've been living and working on the farm of an Aussie hostel owner named Shaun. The picture above is the view of San Gil from his farm, great view to wake up to every morning. I'm living with two other peeps my age, Autumn from Philly who is working at a local orphanage and Joe, an English chap who's working as a kayak/ raft guide for a couple months. We get along so well and have quickly become good friends. My days are generally spent cleaning around the farm, salsa lessons from Autumn, a few hours in the heat digging up the soil to plant over 100 sunflowers (not the easiest work I'll have you know), and evenings spent drinking in the town square where everyone hangs out and gets generally wasted. Part of the river runs through Shaun's backyard, so there are plenty waterfalls to explore daily. I'm having a great, relaxing time here. Happy Valentine's Day ya'll!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! You are living the life Vanessa, enjoy every second of it, Happy V-Day :)

    ReplyDelete